Emotional IntelligenceOctober 18, 2020 2022-06-24 14:34
MASTER ANXIETY FEAR & FRUSTRATION:
TECHNIQUES FOR RECOGNISING, OVERCOMING, & COPING WITH NEGATIVE EMOTIONS
Emotional intelligence can be defined as:
“A person’s ability to perceive, understand and manage their own feelings and emotions”
Developing Emotional Intelligence is A CRITICAL factor in conquering negative emotions, such as anxiety and fear. This course will give you the skills needed to develop your emotional intelligence so you can recognise negative emotions (such as anxiety, fear & frustration) while they’re happening, identify the triggers that cause the emotion, and deal effectively with the emotion
Wouldn’t it be great if you could better understand why certain people, events, and things bother you? How do your body and mind react in those stressful situations? If you want the tools to help you master your emotional intelligence this course will help you. Unlike your IQ, your Emotional intelligence is ever-changing. This course is designed to help you discover what emotional intelligence is and how you can improve it. We will show you how you can better manage your emotions at work, improve your relationships, and recognize the subtle social cues you may be missing in the workplace, all with the goal of moving your career forward.
WHY EMOTIONS MATTER
We have been told lies about our emotions:
Emotions are bad or that we’re not supposed to express.
Emotions are irrational and shouldn’t be trusted.
Emotions are something that happens TO us and, therefore, they’re outside of our control.
The fact is that you CAN control your emotional state, including fear and anxiety, and frustration. You can learn how to avoid unwanted ones and purposefully create the ones you want. In fact, the skill of emotional intelligence is perhaps the most valuable skill you can EVER acquire. By developing your own personal emotional intelligence cues, you are able to understand and regulate your own emotions. And that is the best way to be prepared to develop yourself. Being able to cope with and prevent high-intensity stress, anxiety and fear unlocks our greatest abilities, frees us to achieve our goals, and is a powerful factor that is often overlooked when comparing those who are successful at achieving their dreams and those who are not. When we were growing up no one taught us about our emotions and how they work. We were not taught that WE CAN control emotions such as fear and anxiety by using the power of our own mind to become aware of our thoughts and feelings and so unlock the ability to choose our emotions and direct the purpose of our lives. No one teaches us that lack of emotional management is what leads to addictions, chaos, anxiety, suffering, stress, and bad choices…. And that if we learn to control our emotions it can open up a whole world of success and achievement.
EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE MAKES THE DIFFERENCE!
That’s why we’ve created this course. We will focus on 3 of the most undesirable emotions—frustration, anxiety, fear—and how you can use emotional awareness and self-control techniques to take back control and improve your personal well being. We will teach you what your emotions mean, how to recognise them, and how to direct them in a way that allows you to move toward your life goals. You will learn how you can become the observer of your emotions as they happen, so you can develop clearer, more rational thoughts which in turn give you more control over your life.
Explain what emotional intelligence (EQ) is and why it is essential.
Recognize the four components of the EQ model.
Identify the biological underpinnings of emotion.
Manage Work-Life Balance
Recognize methods for increasing your emotional intelligence.
Recognize the characteristics of high and low EQ in yourself and others.
Define the term “EQ hijacking.”
What you will learn:
- Describe emotional intelligence and demonstrate why it is critical for success in all types of relationships, personal and professional.
- Recognize the four components of emotional intelligence.
- Enhance your self-awareness by gaining a better grasp of your unique attributes and the impact they make on others.
- Utilize some practical tactics to help you manage your emotions and improve your relationships.
- Increase your ability to empathize with others by developing a better understanding of people’s characteristics.
- Improve relationships through improved communication and conflict management skills
BY THE END OF THIS COURSE, STUDENTS WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Discover why EQ is critical to your work and personal success.
- Acquire an understanding of the indicators of high and low EQ in yourself and others at work.
- Determine why specific situations or individuals drive you insane—and what you should do instead
- Improve your work-life balance.
- Make a list of your trigger words at work—the things that drive you insane.
- Determine when your emotions may force you to say or do something inappropriate.
- Concentrate on decision making and avoid being swayed by an irrational “gut” reaction caused by low emotional intelligence.
- Take control of your professional relationships and learn how to form mutually beneficial collaborations.
- Maintain self-control while simultaneously expressing yourself genuinely and passionately