Eating DisordersMarch 23, 2022 2022-06-24 14:56
This course in Eating Disorders program aims to provide you the necessary keys to understanding eating disorders. The course also aims to provide you a crucial understanding along with the proper way to approach the situation initially at the preventive stage as well as intervention levels if the problem has already manifested. Apart from this, this short-term course intends to give you the training that can enhance your competency in working with eating disorders or other eating problems.
By the end of this course, students will have.
- An understanding of the different types, theories, and treatments of eating disorders
- An understanding of the underlying problems which may lead to eating disorders.
- A better understanding of how society influences and impacts our approaches to food and our body image.
- A crucial understanding of the proper methods to be used to approach the situation initially at the preventive stage as well as intervention levels if the problem has already manifested.
- Training based on the latest research that can enhance your competency in working with eating disorders or other eating problems.
The following are some of the vital features of our Program in Eating Disorders:
- The course is divided into 6 units and each unit consists of reading material, followed up by two written assignments that you must complete and return to your tutor.
- The assignments are straight-forward and relate directly to the reading material. They include short factual answers, personal responses/reactions to the reading material, self-development exercises, etc.
- On average the course will require 3 to 4 hours reading/study per week.
- The assignments will be graded by your tutor and returned to you.
- The course is designed to be flexible and so you may choose to return the assignments monthly, halfway through the course or all assignments together at the end of the course.